Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday Meme: Quirks!

Several days ago, Texas the terrific tiger-cat (vets, you may call him terrifying, muhahaha!) over at Fractious Cat Central tagged me for the Six Unspectacular Quirks meme.

All right! Let's get started.

The rules:
Link to the one who tagged you. List the rules on your blog. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours. Tag some blogger friends with links. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been tagged.

Quirk number one: Probably my silliest quirk is that I sleep with my eyes open. My mom wants to know if I do it because I want to keep an eye on everything even when asleep, or if I really am that lazy that I can't bother closing my eyes? Hey, I'm not giving away any cat-secrets.

Quirk number two: There is cat food all over the house. Why? because I like to take a single piece of it out of the bowl and bring it to other, more interesting locations to PLAY with it! Hey, I'm a cat, we are supposed to play with our food, right?

Quirk number three: I like to use the litter box when my mom is near by or watching. Sure, I go on my own when I know for sure she is too busy to accompany me. But if I notice she is not busy, I will try to lead her there for these occasions.

Quirk number four: I enjoy playing fetch. In fact, I have a mouse collection starting under Ms. C's desk at this very moment. If she weren't so lazy, she'd be throwing them for me right now!

Quirk number five: I like to touch paws with my family. I really don't mind that much if they touch my paws, and when they do, I flex them and stretch them and begin to relax. I also try to touch them with my paws when I rest.

Quirk number six: My name is Abby. I know this. But it's not pronounced the way you might imagine it is pronounced. See, when it's time for me to be fed my stinky wet tuna cat food, my mom says my name to me. She calls out, "it's Cat Time!" and I run to get my food. So that's how you say Abby: It's cat time!

Now for the tagging: I'm going to tag the cats of the Black Cat blog, Eric and Flynn, and the cats of Camie's Kitties!

16 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Thanks furr tagging us. We like your quirks. I often sleep with my eyes open too. Mum doesn't like it, she says it's creepy.
Flynn

LZ said...

You like her to watch you in the box? That is kind of funny. None of us like to be watched at all.

Kaze

Black Cat said...

Those are great quirks! I think I know why you like your bean to watch you using the litter box: it's because you hope she'll scoop it right away, no? I specially love that you like to touch paws with your beans. That's so sweet and loving. Thanks for nominating me for this meme. I will do it soon:) xxx

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Abby
You are to cute and your fur is just beautiful...we enjoyed your meme. You are such a adorable little lady!

Purrs
Abby (the manx)

Shilgiah the Cat said...

What wonderful quirks you have! It's nice to learn about other cat's in the blogosphere.

My mom says you are so cute she wants to kiss your head!

Daisy said...

Those are very endearing quirks! I prefer to go potty when my Mommie is watching, too.

PB 'n J said...

Those are wonderful Quirks - we think they make you spectacular!

Motor Home Cats said...

Thanks for tagging us. We will do ours on Thursday. We might expand it into a Thursday 13, since there are now 4 of us - mol. Give us 3 each.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Motor Home Cats said...

PS - we like your quirks. We think it is funny that you make your mom accompany you to the bathroom. We do that in reverse to our mom (she can't go by herself).

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Meowers from Missouri said...

hi, abby!! those are some cute quirks! nels thinks it's very companionable to hit the ol' box at the same time daddy is using the bean box. he nefur misses a chance! we bet some times he fakes it, just to be wif dad!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Sounds like an interesting meme~!
And I love your answers as well!

Anonymous said...

We also like our paws touched. Mom didn't realize that was unusual until another cat lady told her. We didn't either. It's very relaxing to us and we purr and purr.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

We just wanted to stop by and say “Hi”! Mommy finally got home so we can blog again!

The quirks are great!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

You are one quirky kitty. I like the one about leaving cat food all over the house. I think I'll try that one, because you never know where you might want a snack.

I play fetch too, but it involves me running off with the toy and dropping it, then returning to mommy looking all sad because I lost my toy. Then Mommy feels bad and goes and fetches it for me.

Paul said...

That little tray thing's a little bizarre if you ask me. I can't um...do it...if there's someone watching...

By the way, I've got a friend who's now 102 feline years old - she's on my page. Do you think she might be one of the oldest living cats??

Jake
http://jakefiles.blogspot.com

The Crew said...

You are entirely correct about our humans being lazy. You can drop a glitter ball right in their lap and what do they do...a few half-hearted tosses? And don't even get me started on scooping the litterbox!!