Sunday, April 26, 2009

Always Playful

Abby: Talk to the paw! That's what I say to Ms. C, who has neglected her secretarial duties for quite some time now. But please do not worry about us or her. She has started a new job, and new jobs are always exhausting, she says.


This week she was wearing one of her favorite skirts as she sat at her desk, and forgot to tie or tuck in the drawstrings of the skirt's waistband. Needless to say, if there is any excuse for me to play, I hop right on it, sometimes literally! Look at that string, it looks like a mouse's tail!


Carefully I balance on her lap and grip the "tail" in my jaws:


I try to take it away with me to the desktop. This is not as easy as it seems! In fact, it does not detach and let me run away with it as I hoped it would. Well, it was fun anyway. Maybe I should go in search of some more dangerous prey?


Ahhh, Stygia, you are in our chair. Perfect! Let's PLAY!!!




10 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Love the cute paws!! Congrats to Ms. C and her new job!!

The Monkeys said...

You guys are too cute!

Congratulations to Ms. C and the new job!

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

Sometimes clothing does look just like toys doesn't it?

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Just love your paws, Abby~!
Just cute! And powerful!

Cat with a Garden said...

A new job is very, very exhausting! We hope it's a cool one though with! Abby, I would do quite the same with any string I'd come across!
Purrs, Siena and the real Chilli (not the impostor Chili)

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We missed you. girls, and hope that Ms.C is not too tired from her new job.

We were awed by your technique in those photos, Abby!

Your Friends,
Tommy, Tama-Chan and Sei-Chan

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Ms C is right...new jobs can be exhausting at first. It's very important that kitties help their people relax and destress after work. I think you probably helped her relax and destress when you played with her skirt string. It does look like a mousie tail!

Cliff and Olivia said...

New job and all the other human excuses, we don't care. We love your new post though. Great tail!

Louche Tabby said...

...your FB's are really strong...they hold alot of whiskers......

PB 'n J said...

Our Mommy has been "bizzy" too lately, but we're glad we got to see that you're still having a good time playing (even if you can't blog all the time)!